My father is a pastor, and has been since way before I was born. So needless to say, I've been in church since the womb. Every bible study, choir rehearsal, vacation bible school, Sunday morning service, youth meeting, I've been there. From the time I was old enough to comprehend, my parents taught me the importance of Jesus in my life. At the age of four, I mad a public confession of Christ. I was baptized, the whole ordeal I don't doubt one bit that I truly believed in Jesus then. I don't think however that I knew what it meant to let God handle my problems. I was four, I probably didn't have any.
2006/2007 were very difficult years for me. All of 2006 I watched my family fall apart emotionally. My brother and dad weren't speaking to one another. My mom and dad couldn't say two words without screaming. My sister was away in college. And my freinds just didn't understand. Well one week before Christmas, my dad told us he and my mom were getting a divorce. MERRY CHRISTMAS, right? The first thing we a ssiblings did was pray. I wanted to give it over to God but I didn't now how. Instead I turned to temptataions. I started cussing, drinking, slacking in my grades, and honestly I was depressed. One day I just couldn't take it anymore and fell flat on my face before God. I said hey, things aren't any better this way so why not try God. I told Him that I didn't know how to give it over to Him so I needed His help. I'm not going to lie, everthing didn't automatically get better. My parents ended up getting back together. Only God! Of course that isn't always the case. But since then, life has been so much better! My dreams have become goals and my goals are becoming real. I've learned to take life one day at a time. It's hard, honestly it is. But since the day I really gave it to God, I don't worry about what I can do to change things. God has helped me to put my life back together. He gave me a life worth living!
No comments:
Post a Comment