Friday, February 4, 2011

One-syllable vignette

My mom and step dad got hitched when I was three. My dad and mom split when I was born. It was good that mom found love. I loved him too, at first. Then he touched me night and night. the first night was worst of them all. I was sleep in my bed, and he came in. He pulled my sheet back and shook me.
"Wake up Drey, I need you."
"What is it Dad?" I said dad back then, since mine was not in my life.
That is when he pulled up my shirt and rubbed my back. He pulled down muy pants and hurt me! I cried and cried, and yelled stop. I knew tis was not right at age four. The next night he came back, and the next night too! I said I would tell mom, but he said she would say I lied. As much as it hurt, I did not tell. I felt so gross. One day, I could not take it. I was nine years old. I picked up the phone and called "9-1-1". That day I felt good for the first time since I was three. He went to jail and mom still loved me.

2 comments:

  1. This is deep, and very emotional. It shows how scared, and confused the little girl was. great work especially for only using one syllable words.

    ReplyDelete