Saturday, February 5, 2011
Venting
Sometimes it seems like no one understands me!! And I can't really blame them because they haven't sat where I sat. I had to give up the second greatest thing in my life this year because of surgery. I devoted three years into marching band and I just had to say goodbye. Being in band kept me from taking P.E before this year. So since I've had restrictions since April, I couldn't take it this year either. I've been working on my health credit online. I'm really grateful that I still got the chance to get my credit, but it's just really annoying. I hate doing it. Some people think I have no right to complain about it because I could just not get the credit, or have to come back next year. To me though, I have every right to be upset. I had a 5 hour surgery, had no summer, missed my first prom, didn't get to do any of the things my friends got to do, gave up marching band, and couldn't run, jump, lift, or twist for and entire year. I have severe pain when it just rains, I don't get to go party with my friends, or go bowling, or swim. I was made to miss out on EVERYTHING! So don't tell me I should be positive or be more grateful. I never say anything to anybody. I didn't for like 6 months. I just cried to myself, or wrote about it, like I'm doing now. I never got that chance to be vocal. Do me a favor and PLEASE leave me alone and just let me have my pity party. I deserve that much don't I?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Christian-- I had no idea you felt this way about your back surgery. You are so strong and wonderful and I think everyone should let you feel angry or sad when you want to!!!
ReplyDeleteMrs. Onkst
Thank you so much Mrs. "O". I know you love to be called that. :)
ReplyDeleteI know from experience that surgery is super lame! Just keep being strong and it'll get better! *hugs* =)
ReplyDeleteThanks Jayne!!
ReplyDelete