Friday, February 18, 2011

Strength Lies in Me!

Strength lies not in my mother
Strength lies not in my father
Strength lies in me

In my lowest moment
When others thought I should have fear
When others were ready to wipe I tear
It was God, who used me
To bring them cheer

The thought of surgery
It should have blown my mind
Instead,
I was perfectly fine

What if the doctor made a mistake?
It was my life,
With one slit he could take!

But it seemed like every time I thought about crying
God sat on my shoulder and whispered
"My child don't even think about dying"

So I found myself calm and at peace
Told everyone, "Don't worry,
I've got this"

Some thought it was a cover up
Others maybe made up
But I'm a witness that God truly cares
Cares enough to take away my scares

When I should have down
And when I should have been worried
God said, "Hey, teach my people to trust me"

For taking away my scares
And replacing them with peace
For having my back
Figuratively, and literally

God, forever
I give you me!

No comments:

Post a Comment